Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Clerical Assistant 2 based in Lock Haven PA 17745. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Clerical Assistant 2
Company Name: Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lock Haven PA 17745
Salary: $16.86 an hour
Job Link Expiry: 2022-12-06
Posted on: Molazim.com
For more benefits information, please visit: http://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/healthcare/Pages/Summary-of-Benefits.aspx
The home campus for this position is
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation at a level equivalent to that used in writing or adjusting written materials, and of technical vocabularies or ability to independently verify such accurately by using resource materials.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures, practices, conduct and actions necessary in maintaining harmonious working relationships, and of the types, organization and use of standard office files, logs, forms and letter formats.
- Knowledge of the techniques applied in using the English dictionary.
- Skill in typing at a minimum speed rate of 40 words per minute and in the operation of various computers/software packages to produce finished copy of a variety of typing assignments, including charts and diagrams.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions which explain multifaceted procedures.
- Ability to perform within processing procedures which involve an understanding of multiple aspects and application of varied standards.
- Ability to proofread information for conformance with a prescribed pattern or form to assure the adherence to clerical office methods, or for compliance with specific administrative or procedural rules.
- Ability to transfer information and present it in a modified form according to rules and procedures.
- Ability to collect and organize material for reports by determining what available information should be included and presenting the information in a prescribed organized format.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a manner which insures smooth processing and accomplishment of priority items on schedule.
- Ability to organize work and develop effective work methods in an area which involves variable phases of different techniques and procedures.
- Sufficient physical dexterity to allow performance of clerical work such as filing, sorting papers, opening mail, and the operation of office machines.
- Ability to make duty-oriented decisions on the basis of well-defined standards and precedents.
- Ability to compose letters and correspondence from both verbal or written outlines and notes. Ability to compose straightforward, informational correspondence such as transmittals or acknowledgements in reply to requests or questions.
- Ability to operate office machines such as an adding machine, photocopier, fax machine, and dictation recorders and transcribers.
- Screen incoming telephone calls for departmental faculty; handle routine requests for information; direct callers and visitors to appropriate departmental faculty; records messages for faculty.
- Proofread typed materials to insure documents are grammatically and typographically correct, complete, and adhere to departmental guidelines.
- Prepare and process various forms including purchase orders and maintenance work orders.
- Process travel requests and vouchers. Work with Bloomsburg Clerical Administrators to calculate and encumber funds from various sources. Reserve transportation when needed.
- Maintain files of departmental correspondence, personnel records and student academic files for Lock Haven.
- Maintain advisement filing system for Lock Haven by processing forms, preparing lists of advisees, entering advisee assignment changes on computer and composing and processing necessary correspondence.
- Assist the Lock Haven campus leads with scheduling and graduation requirements. Review files of students expecting to graduate each semester.
- Assist the Lock Haven department majors and other students in scheduling courses and course selection as directed by the department chairperson and/or advisor.
- Assist the Lock Haven campus leads in monitoring student enrollment; makes schedule changes using student information system.
- Assist faculty search and screen committee chair; process correspondence, job descriptions, position advertisements; compile applicant data, and arrange interviews (itineraries, meals, housing, etc.) as it pertains to Lock Haven faculty.
- Type handouts, letters, and other documents for departmental staff at Lock Haven.
- Prepare consolidated listing of Lock Haven faculty class and office hours.
- Schedule and post room reservations for the building’s conference room.
- Arranges room assignments and food service for special department functions. Reserves rooms and on campus parking and schedules transportation for special guests.
- Assembles packets for new freshmen and transfer business majors at Lock Haven. Assist with Open House programs for prospective students and parents.
- Assist the Lock Haven campus leads with scheduling graduate courses. Receive student scheduling requests, obtain approval of campus leads, schedule courses as advised and notify student by email of their final schedule.
- Receive Lock Haven student requests for transfer credit, obtain approval of Coordinator, forward request to Graduate Studies for approval. Once course completed verify that transfer credit has been posted.
- Monitor Lock Haven students expecting to graduate. Request application from students. As needed, complete graduation application for signature of campus leads and graduate coordinators.
- Maintain ongoing enrollment tally, reporting the increase and decrease of enrollment in undergraduate and graduate courses at Lock Haven.
- Know and describe procedures to those who have questions or concerns. Make independent decisions on routine matters.
- Work with Bloomsburg department Clerical Assistant 2s to maintain records of expenses and encumbrances from departmental and incentive budget allocations on SAP.
- Six months as a Clerical Assistant 1;
- Graduation from high school;
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- This position requires keyboarding skills to meet standards for speed and
- Applications must provide the name, telephone number and email address of three professional references.
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background investigation. Background Clearance Results of all (3) three criminal background checks must be provided to Human Resources PRIOR to the start date of employment.
In accordance with Act 153 of 2014 (HB 435), appointment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, Act 34, Pennsylvania Criminal Record Clearance; Act 151, Child Abuse Clearance; and Act 114, Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Checks.
Appointment is provisional provided the “Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form” and verification of your three background checks are returned to the Human Resource office prior to your hire date.
Lock Haven University is profoundly dedicated to cultural diversity and supports the integration of diverse and international perspectives within the working and learning environment. LHU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. To learn more about diversity at LHU and in our community, visit our website at www.lhup.edu/equity
A career at Lock Haven University (LHU) is a distinctly unique and exciting opportunity. We encourage and support diversity and international perspectives within the working and learning environment. LHU is located in central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River and the picturesque Bald Eagle Mountains. LHU is one of fourteen universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
Northeast Integration of Bloomsburg, Lock Haven and Mansfield universities was confirmed via a unanimous vote by the PA State System Board of Governors in . The Northeast university integration is a bold investment in the communities and people of Northeastern Pennsylvania that will allow all three institutions to continue sustainably fulfilling their missions. Centered on student success, our shared vision is to expand high-quality educational opportunities for students, position institutions for growth, and meet regional economic and workforce needs across Pennsylvania.
Lock Haven with the expectation of serving a multi-campus University within the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education
You also request a paper copy from the Public Safety Office located in the Glennon Infirmary building or by calling