East Bay Innovations
East Bay Innovations, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Registered Nurse Case Manager For Adults With Disabilities based in Hayward CA 94541. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Registered Nurse Case Manager For Adults With Disabilities
Company Name: East Bay Innovations
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: Hayward CA 94541
Job Link Expiry: 2022-10-12
Posted on: Molazim.com
East Bay Innovations- Part Time Transitional Care RN Case Manager
Also hiring applicants from Brentwood, Tracy, Mt. House, Hayward, Berkeley, Emeryville and Oakland!
Are you looking to gain experience in the non-profit sector, social work, social services, occupational therapy, mental health, or healthcare? If so, then East Bay Innovations (EBI) is where you want to be!
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
About this position:
Join our amazing Transitional Care and Case Management Team and become a Registered Nurse Case Manager!
What does a Nurse Case Manager do?
You will perform nursing assessments, complete care plans and assess for health and safety within the home and community based setting for adults in nursing facilities and community settings in Alameda County.
This role is responsible for supervising and training current and new Case Managers within the department. All applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to work cooperatively with clients, their social workers and other people in their lives. Ability to respond to nursing assessment or care plan requests within 48 hours. Knowledge of home and community based settings. Knowledge and experience assessing wounds, bedsores, etc.
What does your typical day supporting one of your amazing clients look like?
- Provides timely transitional care support, including but not limited to, discharge planning assistance, home follow-up, medication reconciliation, health education, etc.
- Supports the department to follow up on emergency visits/hospitalizations and completes timely reports (i.e., special incident report, Ombudsman/APS reports, report to Public Health/licensing, etc.)
- Advocates against inappropriate and/or unsafe discharges from hospitals and Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Completes nursing assessments as needed for various programs within department in a timely manner
- Writes letters of medical necessity, as needed
- Makes recommendations and suggestions for care plan based on client needs and alerts TCCM Managers and appropriate staff of client health changes, concerns and/or discrepancy in nursing chart as applicable
- Independently sets working schedule and coordinates directly with client/family/facility to set up appointment for assessment
- Maintains confidentiality and abides by HIPAA
- Maintains professionalism when working with EBI staff, clients, nursing facilities, etc.
- Completes comprehensive case notes/billing by the end of the working day
- Serves as clinical consultant to Enhanced Care Management Program staff (and other programs within department/agency as needed)
- Initiates assessments/intakes with various programs within department (i.e., Housing Community Support, Enhanced Care Management, etc.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the department
- Carries flexible case load as needed
- Provides cross coverage to nursing team as needed
- Provides training on health education to EBI staff in various departments, as needed and approved by Director/Executive Director
- Completes EBI training curriculum and other required in-service trainings
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with an active license and be in good standing with the California Board of Registered Nursing. With a minimum of three years experience in assessments and care plan drafting. (preferred)
- Someone who can commit 2-3 years. (preferred)
What’s the schedule?
Part time Monday through Friday schedule!
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to all staff and clients. This includes face masks, face shields, gloves, disinfectant, hand sanitizer and more!
Is this the right job for you?
- Do you believe that all people should be in the driver’s seat of their own life?
- Do you enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too small?
- Do you enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles and backgrounds?
- Are you comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet?
- Do you like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches?
- Do you follow through with commitments?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, YES! This job is for YOU!
What does EBI offer?
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from.
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff.
- Aflac- three different plans to choose from.
- FSA & DCFSA, Commuter and Parking pre tax benefits.
- Employee EAP that include free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household.
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future.
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021.
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities.
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving
- We show our appreciation for staff with monthly raffles, games and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do!
East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $58.80 per hour
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Financial planning services
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location